How to Tie a Bow Tie:
- Flip up your shirtís collars and place the bow tie around your neck. Leave one end of the bow tie hanging lower. The extra length of the bow tie will be needed to tie the bow.
- Loop the longer end of the bow tie around the above lying part near your collar.
- Now fold in the shorter end of the bow tie, just like you would when tying a shoe.
- Hold the folded in part with one hand, and wrap the longer end of the bow over the other end.
- Pull the longer end of the bow tie over, and behind the half finished bow. Slightly tighten the bow, but create a loop on top of the bow and keep it open with one finger.
- Finally, pull the longer end of the bow tie through the loop created in #5. Then tighten the bow and adjust it so that it has a nice symmetrical look. You just learned how to tie a bow tie!
Bow Ties for Uniform attire:
Most people donít know how to tie a bow tie and learning how to tie a bow tie is typically not necessary since pre-tied clip-on bow ties have been invented. For uniform attire, bow ties are almost exclusively clip-on bow ties that do not need to be tied. At Uniform Ties we carry a large selection of bow ties in stock, all pre-tied bow ties. Our bow ties simply attach to your shirts collar with a metal clip, and the length is adjustable to almost any collar size. Even women can easily wear our bow ties.